Call for Michigan’s Biosciences Industry Survey Participation
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Posted by: Katie Trevathan
MichBio has issued a call for online survey participation as part of the development of the Michigan Bio-Industry Roadmap 2015, a five-year strategic plan for growing Michigan’s biosciences industry.
This survey will help the steering committee, comprised of bio-industry experts from around the state, gain insights in five functional areas:
- Business Climate: state and regulatory policies, business incentives to support the industry
- Capital Access: grant or private/public funding programs to raise operational capital
- Education/Talent: curricula/training programs, talent development, workforce retention
- Industry Growth: economic development, marketing/branding/visibility, company recruitment/retention
- Innovation: tech transfer, commercialization, translational research, entrepreneurialism
In addition, organizers are seeking perspectives across various sectors (ag/industrial biotech, medical devices/equipment, pharmaceuticals, R&D/testing/medical laboratories, and bioscience distribution/logistics) and market areas (CROs, clinical trials, and manufacturing suppliers).
The results of this survey will be blinded and incorporated into additional feedback captured via focus groups and 1:1 interview sessions. The survey should take about 10 minutes to complete and will be open through March 31, 2015. A final report will be issued in late spring 2015 and shared with the biosciences community, key policymakers and elected officials, and other stakeholders.
Those involved in the biosciences industry and willing to help, can take the survey here:
The Michigan Bio-Industry Roadmap 2015 is being conducted in partnership with Business Leaders for Michigan and the University Research Corridor. Anyone interested in being part of the effort should contact Stephen Rapundalo at firstname.lastname@example.org.